Beige, you’re getting on my nerves!

Where do I begin? I had a client in Fort Mills, SC just a few days ago. Her home was entirely beige – every – single -room.  It was Wilmington Tan by Benjamin Moore.

It’s not that Wilmington Tan isn’t a good color but it’s a little dated looking, drab and quite boring. It’s also not a good color to use as an all over color for your home. This week, I’ve saw two homes that wanted to use beige entirely in their home. Are people THAT afraid of color? We don’t live in model homes where you’ll see this type of color – super beige – super safe – super dull.

My client in Fort Mill, SC is putting her home up for sale. Her home is all various shades of beige. If I was in the market to buy a new home and saw that, I would seriously not consider buying the home. I know you’re suppose to look over the home improvements but when you’re buying into an already excellent area and paying top dollar for a home, the last thing you want to do is pay an additional $10,000+ to have your home repainted.

It’s well worth investing in a new color scheme for your home that is NOT beige. Give your home life, excitement and have the colors bring out the best in your home.

Here is the color palette I chose for her home. The lightest color goes in the halls the rest transitions from room to room. It’s lively, fresh and it makes me smile. These are colors that will still go with MOST decors. See how you can choose a beautiful color palette for you home without beige?

Image

Keep an out for my next post

Breaking Up With Beige

You won’t want to miss that one!

This entry was posted in Beige, Color, South Charlotte and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Beige, you’re getting on my nerves!

1. Kerry says:

Actually I was kind of considering a camel color like that Wilmington Tan for the downstairs of my townhouse. 😛 I wonder if that color is beat to death in California…. Maybe a slightly richer shade would be better though.

I’m not a fan of Wilmington Tan. I think it’s been overused, like many of the ‘go to beiges’ that many of the Stagers use over and over and over just because they are that safe. I say change it up!

Let me know what colors you’re thinking about 🙂

3. Pingback: “Warm and Appealing doe… | Decorating by Donna • Charlotte's Color Specialist

4. Crystal says:

“Beige, you’re getting on my nerves!”
    Hello, could you list your color palette names?

Sorry Crystal – I usually just mention a color or two but this color palette was bought by my client. If you’d like one color shown here, I would be more than happy to name if for you. If you want all these colors, you can purchase a color consult and I can email them to you. Thanks!

6. willsonandy says:

Colors have a big impression in mind of the people so it’s very important to be focused on this issue intensely. While coloring the home for the second time landowners have to think about the entire pattern of the room along reminding the taste because few colors (mostly light color) help to give a larger look. Thanks for a worthy discussion about it.
    interior decorators

Lighter colors can give the appearance of a ‘larger look’ but larger isn’t always better. Sometimes it’s just more important to have great color. Thanks!