On Saturdays, I like to take a break from color chat and just talk. Today, apparently trending on Google Plus, it’s #Caturday.
Earlier in the month I wrote a post called “What Happens When Your Cat Wakes You Up Too Early on a Saturday” so I guess I’ll just continue the tradition of cat talk on Saturdays. Since I have two cats there is a perpetual supply of kitty photos always at hand.
There are days when you just get hit in face with life. Bills, work, screaming kids, what to cook for dinner, the plants died, the dog escaped the yard and just general everyday uglies as I call them. So what is one to do when you’re hit in the face with the wrong end? Go to the cools side of the pillow.
On a hot summer night you find yourself tossing and turning because you’re sweaty and just can’t fall asleep until … you turn your pillow over to the cool side. Ahhhhh!
Doesn’t that always feel so good? What does this mean? It means that the small things in life can really, well, just make you happy. Simple basic things like using the cool side of the pillow so just for a minute or two life is just the way you want it, until things warm up again.
As complex as I am, you know those Artists types, I can also be pleased by the very simple things in life. What’s my cool side of the pillow?
- Sitting on the front porch, coffee in hand while the first morning sun hits my face.
- Enjoying a quiet moment on the sofa while my cat jumps on my lap and starts to purr.
- A new lipstick.
- A cocktail in the afternoon.
- Going out the girls for 1/2 price wine on Tuesdays nights.
- Watching the kids make plans for the weekend.
- Appetizers and a great glass of wine with my husband.
- Listening to my favorite classical music.
- Listening to the bird in my yard
- and the list of course goes on and on.
These aren’t any major milestones in life but they are things that make me happy and when my pillow gets too warm, I just turn it over.