Remember how cool it was when a beautifully dressed AVON representative came to your home? Ding Dong Avon calling! She’d come into your home with her bag of goodies and would always leave samples with you to try. Sometimes those samples would turn into sales which she would take care of next time she rang your bell. It was the thing to do for that time and we thought nothing of it. Who remembers that? That was the cat’s meow back in the day.
This makes me think about color consultations. I’d pack up my bag of goodies and head out to my clients home not to sell perfume of course but to sell color. It’s really the same thing.
Now that I’m doing a steady stream of virtual consultations, I’m wondering if color consultations of the future will also be 100% online? You know what I think? Of course they will!!!
Everything changes which means nothing stays the same. Just think back to your childhood from the door to door salesmen, having mild delivered to your milk box every morning and even dairy barns. Oh Lord did I just date myself but it is what it is and I’m getting ready now for the change that will come ladies and gentlemen.
I’m preparing myself now for the future of virtual color consultations. I really love the virtual color consultation process almost more than a regular color consult. Why? So, so, so many reasons!
- I can work from home
- I can work around the clock or anytime that a client is active
- I get to see homes from all over the world
- I get to see color palettes that are popular in other parts of the country
- I love get to help people who can’t find anyone to help them
- I get to see the interiors of home from Dubai to Mexico City and they are gorgeous!
- I don’t use any gas
- I don’t need a car
- I don’t use or sell any products
- The only inventory I need is a computer and paint decks
- It’s not a 9-5 job
- I get to converse with really amazing people
- Did I mention it’s tons of fun?
- It’s 100% safe working from the comfort of my home office.
- I don’t need to buy business clothes
- It’s an extremely fast turnaround
- All files are electronic. There is no paperwork
- I can work anywhere there is a computer – even if I’m on vacation.
- Other services usually add-on after virtual color, like virtual shopping
- I will be able to do virtual color consultations as long as I can see
- … like I said, this list goes on and on
From virtual staging via Olioboard to buying on Etsy, Ebay and Amazon. I remember a few years back I did 100% of my Christmas shopping online and that was right down to having everything wrapped. It was great!
So keep this in mind my friends. As our cyber worlds grow our physical worlds will dwindle. Will this happen in a week? Month? Year? Decade? It’s happening a little each day and I’m getting ready!