Do People Really Hate Beige That Much or Are They Just in Love With Gray?

The gray trend is really here to stay don’t you think? So many of my clients want the beige out of their home and I’m replacing it with some type of gray and they love it! It makes you wonder, do people really dislike beige that much or are they just in love with gray?

gray_door

Gray for an Exterior Color

gray_room

Gray for an interior Color

gray_trend

Gray for fashion

popular_grays

Popular gray Paint Colors

This entry was posted in Benjamin Moore, Color, Color Trends, Forecasting, Gray, Sherwin Williams and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Do People Really Hate Beige That Much or Are They Just in Love With Gray?

1. publicartglo says:

How about “griege”?

Greige is another huge one. It’s not really beige and it’s not really gray. I use it often but not as much a a truer gray.

3. Jodi Horner says:

I am so sick of beige! But it was in for so long–how long? Not sure. I just posted a comment on another post of yours and asked this very thing–how long can we count on gray? At least a decade it would seem!?

Gray seems to have replaced beige in the “go to neutral’ which is fine with me. Beige is just so very bad!!! There are so many variations of gray that will really please just about everyone so it may be around for a little while longer. Like I said in your other comment, personally, I see people getting tired of gray really soon. The only great thing about gray is that it goes with all the other “colors of the year”. If we break gray, what will the new neutral be?

5. Jodi Horner says:

50 shades of white? 😉

Ha, ha … and no 🙂

7. Debbie says:

How do I find a color for my small foyer. Den-SW Dorian Gray, Kitchen-SW Dovetail, Dining Room-Benjamin Moore Gray Owl with slight blue tint. Wanted a pop of color, painted it a Glidden color mixed SW called Peacock Blue. It doesn’t work with the Gray Owl & may be a little bold. I have had suggestions of light colors as Behr Light French Gray. Is this what I need to do or should I bring the Gray Owl on through the foyer and paint my door a color. Any suggestions? You see all these rooms from the foyer but Gray Owl is the only one that doesn’t work with the Peacock Blue & I love the Gray Owl so don’t want to change.

I’d have to see your actual rooms but I had great success using Gray Owl for foyers. It’s light enough to see and neutral enough to blend with the other surrounds room colors. Again, I would have to see the decor in each room to be 100% that Gray Owl would be a good choice for your foyer. Feel free to send me an email and I can do a quick consult for you.

9. Jodi Horner says:

Old post–but wondering: did you hate beige the minute it came out? Or did you grow tired of it over the years?

It was a dislike from day one. Oddly, I can FEEL colors and beige, feels really gross to me and honestly, doesn’t look that great in the home when there are so many other colors that have just a little more kick.