Does the ceiling really need to be white? No, it doesn’t!
I don’t know about you but I’m seeing less white and more color on the ceilings these days. I’m not just talking about accent colors for the tray or decorative ceilings in the master bedroom or dining room either – and I love it!!!!
Yes, it’s that simple. Why not.
Of course there are several reasons why I personally love painting right over the ceiling with color. I was published in STIR Magazine talking about color for small spaces, I spoke about just that.
Here are a few reasons why you CAN and should think about using color on your ceiling.
- If you have a small space such a guest bath or small bedroom, painting the room one color, and that includes the ceiling, will give the room the illusion of being a larger space.
- One color, less contrast. When you have a white ceiling, there is contrast between the white ceiling and the wall color. This breaks up the room or “chops” it giving it the feel of a much smaller space.
- It’s just easier to paint! No cutting in.
- For me, color is way better than just white.
- Who said ceilings have to be white anyway?
Look how nice this room looks with the ceiling the same color as the walls. I’m looking forward to seeing how this coastal room plays out.