You know the ones that I’m talking about. It’s like walking into a brick wall. Bright, bold bad colors and to makes matters worse, poor placement.
There are a few things that you should now about bright colors.
- you don’t have to put bright colors on an accent wall
- you don’t have to have an accent wall or walls in your home
- not ever home should have bright colors
- your home will look like a quilt if you have bright, bold colors in every room
- you can put a bold color or your dining room or bedroom ceiling
- bold colors are great to strip a room – just one thick stripe around the chair rail is fine
- bold colors will be a hard sell if you plan on moving
- some cultures love bold colors
- if you have bold wall colors keep your decor neutral
- don’t have shouting colors like red in the kitchen. It’s too much to handle first thing in the morning.
- bold colors are perfect for the office or dining room
- bold colors are great for the kids but not if they have ADHD or Autism
- bold colors are great for mature people because their eyesight changed as they aged
So there you have it, lucky 13 color tips about bold colors.
Everyone home is unique and if you love bold colors than go for it but keep these tips in mind because bold colors aren’t for everyone.