My 2016 Color Forecast Comes True. Come See My Picks for 2017

2016_color_trends_donna_frasca

This is a gorgeous color palette and apparently Sherwin Williams thinks so too. Look how close they came to my 2016 prediction. This palette is their Mas Amor Por Favor ColorMix for 2016.

I chose those circle of colors in February 2015 and it was easy to see where color trends were going and where they needed to be.

I’d also like to add that Voice Of Color announced their Color of The Year, Paradise Found and it’s almost identical the green in my graphic. I LOVE their color choice and hope it sticks for a long time to come.

Here is one of the ColorMix combinations Sherwin Williams chose. I guess they had the same vision I did as far as where color should go. Pretty palette isn’t it? I really like these.

2016-colormix

Taking it one step further for 2017, let’s add:

• Brown is the main grounding color, Van Dyke Brown SW 7041 is perfect.
  • A buttery yellow (let’s keep Friendly Yellow SW 6680) but not gold or beige.
  • A muted aqua, Hazel SW 6471 – It’s a blue-green mix we really haven’t see in the home  yet *** keep and eye on this one.
  • Adobe. I love and used Chivalry Copper SW 6353 many times.
  • A creamy white like Westhighland White SW 7655 for a great neutral. This is my “go to white.”
  • Add the orange-red for accents.

Like these colors? Don’t wait till 2016 or 2017 – start now. They are all beautiful!

Designed by Donna Frasca

Designed by Donna Frasca

Love that Sherwin Williams and I are on the same colorful page. Now let’s get these colors in the home and I can show you how!

This entry was posted in Color, Sherwin Williams, Trends. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to My 2016 Color Forecast Comes True. Come See My Picks for 2017

1. Maureen says:

WOw, I must be ahead by a year becauses those are my colors in my house NOW!!!

That’s great Maureen! I have a color similar to that green which is actually the Color of The Year for Voice of Color, PPG Paints. You have good color taste lady 🙂

3. Van Dyke brown would be handy – my kitchen cabinets have a dark stain, and I’m reluctant to paint them before (hoping to) I list my house in a year or so…

4. Pingback: We Are JUST Letting Go of The Lifeless Gray Trend and Now Taking Baby Steps With Pink and Blue? | Decorating by Donna • Color Expert

5. janieruth says:

I am considering painting my new house Hazel on the lap siding with a slightly lighter color on the fish scale shingles. Reddish is my choice right now for front door. Rice Grain for trim as that is the color of the Windows, brick is variegated pinky, salmon, roof is brown. Is the Hazel too bright? I live in Montgomery, AL. the house is a new build with tapered Craftsman style columns, rafter tails. Other exterior colors I am considering are Jasperstone on lap siding ? on fish scale. I want different from all of the brown and gray houses in the neighborhood. Interiors will be Quietude, Oyster Bay, Comfort Gray, Accessible Beige, Cotton White trim. Possibly Rainwashed and/or Morris Room Gray, not all of these but some. Help!

The variegated pinky salmon scares me. I usually never go with any type of red anywhere when working with brick homes. I like pulling in the darker colors (usually the slate blues) that are noticed in the brick so there’s contrast and also ties it in.

7. janieruth says:

I probably did not describe the brick well, it is not orange, not red, washed with white. I will try to get a photo.

If you’re interested in a Virtual Consultation, send the photo to: DecoratingbyDonna@mac.com

9. janieruth says:

Thanks, I will.

10. Minjonet says:

That’s weird. I was just thinking of this color combination today (red, blue, brown) in the context of trending colors. I have zero training on color prediction. I just thought it would be a nice change.

Nice! Maybe you should be a color forecaster 🙂

12. Joy says:

Hi!!! I couldn’t believe me eyes….this is almost my exact color swatches for my new furniture. We just moved into our home last week and I was struggling picking paint!
    Can you please tell me the exact colors these are from sherwin Williams?
    I am forever grateful.
    Joy

These are GREAT colors! Good for you! Send me an email at DecoratingbyDonna@mac.com and I’ll give you the details about the color palette. I don’t list that information on my blog 🙂