I chose those circle of colors in February 2015 and it was easy to see where color trends were going and where they needed to be.
I’d also like to add that Voice Of Color announced their Color of The Year, Paradise Found and it’s almost identical the green in my graphic. I LOVE their color choice and hope it sticks for a long time to come.
Here is one of the ColorMix combinations Sherwin Williams chose. I guess they had the same vision I did as far as where color should go. Pretty palette isn’t it? I really like these.
Taking it one step further for 2017, let’s add:
- Brown is the main grounding color, Van Dyke Brown SW 7041 is perfect.
- A buttery yellow (let’s keep Friendly Yellow SW 6680) but not gold or beige.
- A muted aqua, Hazel SW 6471 – It’s a blue-green mix we really haven’t see in the home yet *** keep and eye on this one.
- Adobe. I love and used Chivalry Copper SW 6353 many times.
- A creamy white like Westhighland White SW 7655 for a great neutral. This is my “go to white.”
- Add the orange-red for accents.
Like these colors? Don’t wait till 2016 or 2017 – start now. They are all beautiful!
Love that Sherwin Williams and I are on the same colorful page. Now let’s get these colors in the home and I can show you how!