The Best Benjamin Moore Coastal Color Palette For Your Home

If there is one color palette to have in your home, it’s probably this one. Here’s why.

the-best-benjamin-moore-coastal-color-palette-for-your-home-by-color-expert-donna-frasca

It seems that everyone is still loving these coastal color palettes and why not?

• They are soft yet noticeable.
  • You can use this color palette for your forever home or if you’re staging.
  • It has a blue but a happy blue, not too gray, not too ‘nursery.’
  • This color palette goes with most decors.
  • It’s some of the top colors from Benjamin Moore
  • They work well together
  • They FEEL good!
  • They look good.
  • You can mix and match these colors throughout your home
  • There is a nice combo of light, medium and darker hues
  • They are gorgeous!

ABOUT WHITE: See how I have that soft ivory for the trim color? I LOVE that! You may have heard me say it before but I rarely use pure white. Soft whites are so much better!

ABOUT GRAY: I’m not a big fan of gray for two reasons.

1. I personally think its’ a lifeless color
  2. People with depression issues need to be careful with this hue.

The reason I DO like these grays is because of the undertones – they are warm, not cool. Looking at the grays in the kitchen and foyer area remind of a Morning Dove bird all big, soft and cuddly.

ABOUT YELLOW: Now that Living Room yellow LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that!!!! It’s really hard to find a nice yellow and I’ve mentioned this before. Either it’s too gold too beige or too lemony. The Benjamin Moore yellow I have here – is flipping perfect. Also on a Holistic level, yellow has some really strong healing notes. Next time you’re around yellow, notice how you feel. Don’t you want that feeling in your home?

ABOUT GREEN: The Family Room is color that teeters between gray, blue and green. It’s very versatile and since is can go green, it’s a nice Holistic choice for the rooms where family gathers most. Heart Chakra right?

ABOUT BLUE: Here again, I am so not  a fan of blue but really like the Benjamin Moore blue I have noted for the bedroom color. I’ve been listening to all your posts and comments and most of you love blue and find it very soothing and relaxing. What better color for the Master Bedroom right? Sleep tight with that one 🙂

You now what’s really cool about this color palette? Look at it. You can take any two colors from this palette and they will work well with each other OR next to each other.

Have an open floor plan home? ANOTHER reason this coastal color palette is perfect. These colors transition well from room to room.

Look – you can take ANY of these colors, combine then and get a great color duo. Here are just some. See how you can decorate your entire home with just these colors? Think of all the possibilities!

color-expert-donna-frasca color-expert-donna-frasca-1 color-expert-donna-frasca-2 color-expert-donna-frasca-3 color-expert-donna-frasca-5 color-expert-donna-frasca-6 color-expert-donna-frasca-7 color-expert-donna-frasca-8

color-expert-donna-frasca-9

One more note before I finish up here. If you want this color palette but are also looking for a pop color color, think about this:

accent-color-with-a-coastal-color-palette.001

Send me an email at: DecoratingbyDonna@mac.com if you’re interested in these colors or if you have any questions. Enjoy!

This entry was posted in Benjamin Moore, Best Of, Coastal Colors, Color Tips, healing color, Historic Homes, Holistic Color, Holistic Colors. Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to The Best Benjamin Moore Coastal Color Palette For Your Home

1. Ford Weston says:

Donna, Would you kindly share the BM names of the colors on your lovely coastal pallette? I do design work for Hatteras Yachts and this combo is superb. Many thanks!

Ford, as it states in the post, all of my color palettes are available for purchase. Email me if you’re still interested 🙂

3. yve says:

Lol You have to pay for color names? Wow There are so many on here that freely share the names. Weird!

The other people also have a full interior design business. I just sell color sooooo – understand now? 🙂

Well, as a Color Expert, all I sell is color so I am not able to give that information away otherwise I would put myself out of business. I’m sure you understand. Meanwhile, Benjamin Moore would be happy to help you. I’ll be here in case they don’t. Thank you.

6. sarah says:

What’s the colors? I don’t see the names.

Sarah, if you read the post you’ll know why. “Remember to sample out all your colors before you commit to painting. This color palette is available for purchase for $15 for each color. If you would like the whole Benjamin Moore color palette, that will be $105. It’s a really great way to choose color for your home and take the guess-work about of wondering if your choices are right. Remember, undertones can be tricky!”

8. matt brew says:

I agree. I just spent 20 minutes of my life looking for the names of these colors. You could at least post upfront that they must be paid for. 20 minutes of my life!!!!

Matt – take an additional two minutes and read the post. You’ll see very clearly that there is a $15 per color charge for the names of these colors. Let me know if you are interested in them.

10. Pam luebben says:

I love these colors! Any suggestions for an open great room/kitchen with hickory cabinets and maple floors and trim? I have black appliances. My house faces west, not very light until the sun comes around. Thanks!

I’d avoid warm colors and stick with the cooler hues. Maybe try a cool blue like SW 6807 Wondrous Blue?

12. Sandra Adamson says:

I have just painted by kitchen in York harbour yellow. My home is a high ranch home now what colours can i use for my living room

I would try to tie in some of your decor. I’d really need to see a picture of your room to suggest a color for you but since the yellow is a warm color, continue with the warm undertones. You can go with greens, blues and warm grays but again, this will depend on what’s in your home and what look you want.

Do you want a bold look? Try an Indigo.
    Soft look? Try a warm gray.
    An Earthy look? Try a deep green.

Again, see how it’s difficult for me to tell you what color to use if I can’t see your room? Feel free to send me an email if you’d like a color consultation.

Really you are charging for color suggestion — get a life!

Well do you go to the Dr’s office for free? Maybe you should be a little nicer and maybe you should get a life. No color for you today? Let me know if you change your mind 🙂

16. Maria Lacey says:

I love, love, love the coastal combo with the caramel pop! I’ve been looking for a warmer coastal palette that wasn’t overwhelmingly seafoam, blue, and grey and could incorporate natural wood tones. To see it all brought together so nicely is wonderful. It also proves I’m not nuts–coastal doesn’t have to be cold!

My favorite part about this palette is the Carmel pop too! Love unexpected color – thank you so much Maria

18. Katie says:

Do you happen to know the paint names/number for this particular palette? TIA!

I do, I designed it. This palette is available for purchase. Send me an email at DecoratingbyDonna@mac.com if you are interested.

20. Mona Mitchell says:

Donna, I appreciate you sharing your palettes. I find choosing colors so overwhelming and appreciate that you have shared these. I don’t understand why people have become so indignant because you charge for your professional opinion. If they don’t want to pay for it then move on to the next post. Thanks again.

Thank you Mona, you are sweet.

It’s up to them. They have three choices.

1 – to waste a lot of time and money searching for an overpriced Designer to choose color for them

2 – to pay nothing and take a chance for a “color consultant” at a box store to just give them the top 5 most popular colors and hope it suits their home.

3 – I’ll be here for them if they need me ❤

22. Evi says:

What gives you the right to charge for BM colours. You do not own the copyright on these. You have simply provided a choice of colors that you like. Anyone can print off the colors and take them to any BM dealer and they will give you the color swatches for free.

23. Kay says:

There have been many times I’ve painted a room with a paint chip I thought I loved, only to hate it after it’s on the wall. Picking colors that harmonize from one room to another is not easy and most people do not have an eye for color. Getting professional help makes all the difference in having a beautiful home. $105.00 is not too much to spend to have a tasteful and pleasant color palette. I’ve spent more than that repainting because it just wasn’t right.

And that’s the point I try to make – I KNOW how these colors look together AND in homes. I’ve been using them for a really long time and feel very confident that everyone would love these palette as well.

Let me do the hard work for you 🙂

And you are correct so print away! By the time these colors run through your laser printer and the “not so well calibrated” color matcher at the paint store you are going to get a pinky beige, muddy green, pukey blue and a peachy yellow. OR, you can purchase this beautiful color palette and not have to take an expensive chance of painting your house with the wrong colors. I’ll tell you what, I’ll give you 10% off this color palette to help you out 🙂

26. Pingback: The Best Valspar Color Palette For Your Home | Decorating by Donna • Color Expert

27. Pingback: Do You Need “Gentle Waves” In Your Home? | Decorating by Donna • Color Expert

28. Jessica says:

Hi Donna I emailed you personally

I saw it – I saw it late last night. Check your email today 🙂

30. Virginia Graziano says:

Donna, I love tans, creams, browns. I’d like a whole house pallet, I want very pretty colors not to dark. I can send the house to you and if you have ideas?

Sure! I’d love to help. Send me an email at DecoratingbyDonna@mac.com along with your pictures and thoughts. I love forward to it 🙂

32. Marilyn Crawford says:

I love this colours can you tell me the name of the paints for all of the rooms

Thanks

Sure. Send me an email at DecoratingbyDonna@mac.com for that information

34. Pingback: The Best Benjamin Moore Coastal Color Palette For Your Home UPDATED! | Decorating by Donna • Color Expert

The one on the KITCHEN looks like revere pewter, i have that color in my LR & KT, love it.

I don’t use Revere Pewter because for me, I see a green undertone. I’m not a fan of gray to begin with but do like the cleaner, crisper grays.

37. amcken3 says:

I would like to know the names of the BM yellows but can’t see paying for that. I have cancer and my husband has MS, we have to purchase Benjamin Moore paint because its the only zero VOC paint in the area we have to move to to be near family (caregivers) and prayerfully get well. The paint is expensive enough without having to pay you and the company for samples. I am not trying to be rude. I am sure some people can afford extra costs like that.

I’m so sorry you and your husband are in poor health. I design many color palettes for clients who have health issues such as cancer, ADHA and depression. These are very specific color palettes. Maybe you’d be interested in a smaller, healing color palette instead of this larger coastal palette? Please email me if this is something that resonates with you and I’ll see if I can accommodate you ❤

39. Asha raika says:

Awesome idea…loved thm

40. Angie Carlotta says:

I can justify paying for your professional opinion once you have taken a look at my home and situation like we all have sensory issues. Is that possible, or do I just have the option to purchase the names on a palette I like?
    Some ppl are so rude and dont want to pay for your professional oppinion. Its called a consultant. Move on from them, plenty who will.
    Angie

You have both options. You can purchase the coastal color palette and place them where you’d like or purchase a virtual and let me choose the colors for you based on your decor and furnishings. Let me know Angie 🙂