If there is one color palette to have in your home, it’s probably this one. Here’s why.
It seems that everyone is still loving these coastal color palettes and why not?
- They are soft yet noticeable.
- You can use this color palette for your forever home or if you’re staging.
- It has a blue but a happy blue, not too gray, not too ‘nursery.’
- This color palette goes with most decors.
- They work well together
- They FEEL good!
- They look good.
- You can mix and match these colors throughout your home
- There is a nice combo of light, medium and darker hues
- They are gorgeous!
ABOUT WHITE: See how I have that soft ivory for the trim color? I LOVE that! You may have heard me say it before but I rarely use pure white. Soft whites are so much better!
ABOUT GRAY: I’m not a big fan of gray for two reasons.
- I personally think its’ a lifeless color
- People with depression issues need to be careful with this hue.
The reason I DO like these grays is because of the undertones – they are warm, not cool. Looking at the grays in the kitchen and foyer area reminds of a Morning Dove bird all big, soft and cuddly.
ABOUT YELLOW: Now that Living Room yellow LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that!!!! It’s really hard to find a nice yellow and I’ve mentioned this before. Either it’s too gold too beige or too lemony. The Benjamin Moore yellow I have here – is flipping perfect. Also on a Holistic level, yellow has some really strong healing notes. Next time you’re around yellow, notice how you feel. Don’t you want that feeling in your home?
ABOUT GREEN: The Family Room is color that teeters between gray, blue and green. It’s very versatile and since it can go green, it’s a nice Holistic choice for the rooms where family gathers most. Heart Chakra right?
ABOUT BLUE: Here again, I am so not a fan of blue but really like the Benjamin Moore blue I have noted for the bedroom color. I’ve been listening to all your posts and comments and most of you love blue and find it very soothing and relaxing. What better color for the Master Bedroom right? Sleep tight with that one 🙂
You know what’s really cool about this color palette? Look at it. You can take any two colors from this palette and they will work well with each other OR next to each other.
Have an open floor plan home? ANOTHER reason this coastal color palette is perfect. These colors transition well from room to room.
Look – you can take ANY of these colors, combine then and get a great color duo. Here are just some. See how you can decorate your entire home with just these colors? Think of all the possibilities!
Remember to sample out all your colors before you commit to painting. This color palette is available for purchase for $15 for each color. If you would like this color palette that I designed, that will be $105. It’s a really great way to choose the color for your home and take the guess-work about wondering if your choices are right. Remember, undertones can be tricky!
One more note before I finish up here. If you want this color palette but are also looking for a pop color, think about this:
Send me an email at DecoratingbyDonna@mac.com if you’re interested in these colors or if you have any questions. Enjoy!
- Disclaimer: These are color palettes that I designed myself and can be translated and found in just about any paint brand. In other words, these are not actual color chips/palettes from any paint companies or websites since I designed them but may resemble some colors that exist in just about any paint deck. All my color palettes on this blog are designed by me and do not exist on any Benjamin Moore website.