Coffee Chat! Have Any Questions About Color?

I thought it would be nice to have a little coffee chat for a while. I have a really busy November and December and honestly, don’t really have anything new to share about color that you haven’t heard before. I’m SOOOOOO ready for 2017!

So, let’s chat. Have any color questions?

coffee chat

This entry was posted in #ColorChat, Holistic Colors and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Coffee Chat! Have Any Questions About Color?

1. soulsticesisters says:

I’ve got an office that just doesn’t feel right. I’m limited in how I can change things around but color is something I can play with. What color do you think would be uplifting and inspiring?

I have the perfect color for you – actually I’m going to give you two suggestions.

Try SUBTLE PURPLE 1003-8B by Valspar and the other one is FROSTWORK SW 0059. Please trust me on both of these – they feel amazing BUT paint the entire room – I don’t think you’ll get how amazing these feel with just a sampling.

3. soulsticesisters says:

Both of those options are lovely! Thank you!

Oh and by the way – my office is the Subtle Purple and it feels AMAZING!

5. soulsticesisters says:

I’m so excited to freshen things up. Thank you!

You’re welcome! Let me know how you like it when it’s done.

7. soulsticesisters says:

Will do

8. aprilvaughan says:

Hi Donna, My living room is also my office, my desk is in the corner looking out the windows. The current color is a light peachy color that doesn’t feel right. Its a large room with 3 5 x 5 foot windows on the front side looking out to 10 acres over our front yard that is a beautiful field and the other side of the room has a large river rock fireplace. One entry side the fireplace opens to the kitchen and the other side is also open leading into the foyer and dining room. I have been looking at homey creamy, gold tones and greens colors but can not decide. The sofa, 2 chairs & 2 ottomans are gold and dark wood. It is a 70’s brick ranch with low popcorn ceiling that can go when the painter comes. What are your thoughts?

It sounds like a soft, muted color palette would be nice for your ranch. As much as I love peach, it’s a very specific hue and has a limited reach. Try looking at the Historic Preservation colors of Valspar. They have some of the best greens IMO. Hope that helps!

Thank you very much. I will check them out tomorrow.

Great – let me know if you have any other questions. I have Green Tea Leaves in my house (Valspar) and love it!! This color doesn’t look great in the paint deck but transforms into gorgeous on the walls 🙂