Every now and then I like to chat about the Moon Phases. Today is a New Moon and is the perfect time for new beginnings, to edit your life and to wipe your slate clean. How do you feel about trying a new color in your home? Today is the perfect day to step out of your comfort zone and go for it. I’ll help you with some suggestions 🙂
Why did I choose Champagne Dance? For many reasons and I’ll list them for you.
- It’s really hard to find a nice yellow in any paint deck and Valspar has a really nice selection.
- Yellow is a healing color. It’s warm, inviting, happy and comforting like a little piece of sunshine in your home. How can you NOT want that?
- This yellow will go with most of the wood tones in your home but be careful if you have a lot of oak or maple – too much yellow.
- Have dark wood floors? Wait to you see how this will look with that!
- STILL have lifeless gray in your home? Start adding yellow to your home to liven that up!
- This yellow is perfect for the kids playroom. It’s cheerful for them but doesn’t have too much energy.
- Has a perfect balance of yellow to gold ratio. Not too yellow, not too gold.
- Will go with just about any fabric you have in your home from drapery to furniture.
- Your art will look amazing with Champagne Dance especially if you have black frames.
- Have a mahogany bedroom set? This color is a must to bring out the red tone of your wood.
- In a nutshell, this color feels good and that’s the #1 reason you should try Champagne in your home.
A really beautiful color and seems to be similar to what I have in a large part of my house right now. It probably isn’t the best choice for my kitchen (even though I love it), because we have maple cabinets with almost a caramel colored finish. We’ll be selling the house next year, though, so it will be repainted.
That’s the only drawback to using yellow in the home. It may be too much yellow if you have maple or oak floors. Dark floors? This color would be very striking.