What Colors Go With Gray?

color-palette-to-go-with-gray

If you want to transition out of the gray color palette but still work with it a little, here are some other colors that you can use.

• Bring in some light neutrals, a soft creamy white which is good for closets and hallways.
  • Use a green and blue combo that will work well with the grays you have in your home
  • Add some taupes and one accent color that will work with all.

These colors are designed to work with each other so you can mix and match them anyway you wish – they all play off with each other.

Echo the accent color, here it’s the dark blue, in your decor for balance.

About Donna Frasca, Intuitive

www.AngelHug234.com www.DecoratingbyDonna.com I am an Intuitive Color Expert which really encompasses a lot. I've given myself the hashtag #FromColorToTheCosmos which really is me to the T
This entry was posted in Gray and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to What Colors Go With Gray?

1. I have to admit that I LOVE grey but if you want to warm it up adding gold accessories like a mirror/picture frame or furniture hardware can really make a statement.

Gray would be nice with some warm tones and I’m all for that!

3. Rose says:

Does the beiges like simplify beige have too much pink in it to work with gray sofa and cherry wood floors

Well if you find a beige with a little pink that may work with your cherry wood floors. It depends on how well it ties in the the rest of your home, not just your wood flooring. Check your undertones otherwise find a beige that is more neutral.

i am wanting to decorate a community centre any ideas for a colour scheme

Something everyone would like? I know that sounds vague – think coastal 🙂

7. Pingback: Which Gray Are You Drawn To And Why? | Decorating by Donna • Color Expert

Bathroom has dark grey fixtures, what color walls would bring warmth?

9. You can try a soft butter cream yellow. I would need to know what flooring you have to make sure it doesn’t clash but for the most part, some type of soft yellow should go with most and it will add warmth. Try Butter Cookie CSP-995 or a little more on the beige side, Crumb Cake CSP-1010

10. Betty Ankney says:

We have light gray ceiling trimmed in charcoal gray. New front door is wedgewood blue, drapes are blue and gray, looking for ideas on what color to do walls, don’t want any cream colors

11. Betty, that really depends on the type of blue you have. Is it a red blue? A yellow blue? A cool blue? This type of question is hard to answer here without a photo but I can suggest a general hue for you.

Orange is complimentary to blue, think a nice spicy orange perhaps? Maybe Warm Sunglow by Benjamin Moore.

If you want something lighter try Sundress but here again, I don’t know what state you live in so this yellow might be too much.

In the direction of gray Skipping Stone is good but here again, I don’t know what your undertone is so all these colors will be a shot in the dark. If you can see your undertone, use these color suggestions as a guide. Happy painting!