Is Gray Finally Starting To Slip Away?

…and on the side of color – here is yet another example of a color palette I designed for a client who requested not to use gray. Are we finally watching the gray trend come to an end? Say amen!

decorating by donna color palettes no gray

This entry was posted in Gray, Holistic Colors and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Is Gray Finally Starting To Slip Away?

1. Jodi Horner says:

Say it’s not so, Donna! Keep in mind many of us are slow on the get-up and couldn’t afford to update the minute gray came out. I’m still in Heaven with my gray everywhere! And I was in line at the store the other day and the woman behind me was purchasing gray and white everything to match her walls. We’re in Denver…maybe we’re too cowboy to be up-to-the-minite! But we’re in one of the affluent areas…sorry!!

2. Jodi Horner says:

PS Love the palate–but I think it would be complementary to gray. 🙂

No worries – keep in mind since I’m a Designer, I’m YEARS ahead of the color curve so you enjoy your gray. I know ALL of them so well so let me now if you need help choosing the perfect gray for your home. Being in Denver – stick to the warmer grays 🙂

You’re right! This is another reason I designed they palette because it will fit right in with the home that does have gray. You’re a smart chickie 🙂

5. Jodi Horner says:

I have used Wood Smoke by Glidden. LOVE it…(seems in the middle to me)

That’s perfect! A nice warm gray – you’re on it Jodi! 🙂

7. I’ve always preferred gray for neutrals, was so happy to see it become available again. It’s too bad we have to have “trends” and can’t just choose our preferences.

Oh but you can use your preferences – always! One of my decorating rules are to NOT listen to the trends. Most of the time they are just picked out of a hat or come up with some floppy reason why the color is IN now based on politics and the economy. Who cares!!! Chose colors that are in your heart not in the news.